Please login or register now. Registration takes seconds before you can join in. Some features such as our chat box aren't viewable to guests.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nature

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Nature on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:12 am

Do you think as human beings, particularly in the Western world that we've forgotten to appreciate or connect with our enviroment? I mean seriously, how often do you enjoy a sunset or a nice walk across the beach? I believe that we might be losing touch with it, more interested in our next meal, next game on the playstation or what's on tonight on the box. What do you think?

View user profile

2 Re: Nature on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:14 am

Thomas

Administrator
Administrator
I'm just not into walking and there's no beaches where I live or around where I live.

I don't think people appreciate nature though.

It's what keeps us alive.

Just take littering for example, lots of people just don't care and will happily dump their rubbish in the street when it should go in a bin.

View user profile http://chatties.forumotion.co.uk

3 Re: Nature on Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:23 am

I think our minds are too distracted with the media and the lives we lead now, that's all. Hard to immerse yourself into something that's so foreign to you now. But yeah, I think it's a real shame to lose sight of it, to love it. We live in cocoons for the most part when it comes to that kinda thing so no wonder kids don't have any understanding of it.

View user profile

4 Re: Nature on Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:17 am

Thomas

Administrator
Administrator
Setanta wrote:I think our minds are too distracted with the media and the lives we lead now, that's all. Hard to immerse yourself into something that's so foreign to you now. But yeah, I think it's a real shame to lose sight of it, to love it. We live in cocoons for the most part when it comes to that kinda thing so no wonder kids don't have any understanding of it.

I don't appreciate it if I'm being honest.

Nature has some amazing views, but not especially where I live.

Go to Australia somewhere and see the views and waterfalls, and it makes you appreciate it.

There's so much to it and you can get a great insight through documentaries.

'Foreign' is a good word to use because the best nature to be experienced won't be exactly where we live.

Just birds and woods near us, but so much more it that won't get seen in this country unless we travel.

5 Re: Nature on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:16 pm

I actually think that Ireland and Britain has some of the most beautiful views and countryside, simple because of the temperate climate we live in and the beautiful colours we have all around us.... all types of greens and the like. Very picturesque.

The grass is always greener.... you know? Alot of people who live in Australia would love to visit here too and see our landscapes.

View user profile

6 Re: Nature on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:30 pm

Thomas

Administrator
Administrator
I think there are much exotic and nicer places James.

7 Re: Nature on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:32 pm

But those people would like to visit here too Thomas. I'm just talking about fresh air and walking in the wind and all of that stuff, you know? Forget about the view. Most people don't live next to the Niagara Falls or whatever, you know?

View user profile

8 Re: Nature on Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:42 pm

Thomas

Administrator
Administrator
Setanta wrote:But those people would like to visit here too Thomas. I'm just talking about fresh air and walking in the wind and all of that stuff, you know? Forget about the view. Most people don't live next to the Niagara Falls or whatever, you know?

I agree.

Different places to see everywhere, and we could go somewhere and see some beautiful places we've not seen before, but then the same can be said for others coming over here.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum