Please login or register now. Registration takes seconds before you can join in. Some features such as our chat box aren't viewable to guests.
Please login or register now. Registration takes seconds before you can join in. Some features such as our chat box aren't viewable to guests.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the last film you watched?

+9
Missy_X
jdqueen
Lee
Sawyer
Stacey
MTVN
Niall.
Thomas
Setanta
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

101What's the last film you watched? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:42 am

Setanta

Tron Legacy.

I was never a fan of the first film, being either too young to accept and enjoy the slick, barren and neon lighted style of it when colourful movies where far more attractive to me at the time, or maybe the storyline in general didn't appeal to me much. Anyway, that's probably why I wasn't pushed seeing it when it came out originally - and how sad am I the I missed out on the big screen with a film like this! Dazzling special effects -I've never seen the like before, Daft Punk music and action scenes that had my jaw dropping, I forgave all the plotholes and contrivances and just sat back, allowing the whole experience to wash over me.

It's crap but brilliant. That's the easiest way for me to judge it. I may never watch the thing again, but good Lord, I was totally immersed in this world from the beginning, and it's beautifully realised and orchestrated, particularly the action scenes.

102What's the last film you watched? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:50 am

Setanta

Jackass 3. Pi$$ yourself funny. Doesn't need to be reviewed more than that, right? It is what it is.

103What's the last film you watched? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:55 am

Setanta

The Kid's Are Alright.

If you want a beautifully judged character piece, this is where to go. Everyone in the piece is uniformally excellent, but what I didn't expect was Mark Ruffalo to go shoulder to shoulder with these two girls and hold his own. He steals the show as far as I'm concerned, but not to the discredit of everyone else. The whole thing is awash with reality and life; I never felt I was watching actors act. Brilliant film.

104What's the last film you watched? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:00 am

Setanta

I watched 2 mins of Mall Cop. Well, 1 min 45 seconds to be precise... that I will never get back.

105What's the last film you watched? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:27 am

Setanta

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

My Grandfather loved the series of novels that this film is based on - he was a sailor himself - and seeing as no sequel has ever been produced, I must get my hands on a couple of the books because this film is still a terrific watch, especially if you're into naval battles, adventure and early 19th century history. Really interested to see what becomes of the two main characters, their crew and ship.

106What's the last film you watched? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:47 am

Thomas

Thomas
Administrator
Administrator

Buried - Thought it was boring and rubbish. Surprised it got such good reviews.

Salt - Very enjoyable, slightly complex story.

https://chatties.forumotion.co.uk

107What's the last film you watched? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:03 am

Jordan

Toy Story (the first one) it was on C5 the other day bounce

108What's the last film you watched? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:11 am

Thomas

Thomas
Administrator
Administrator

Toy Story = IMO, children orientated crap.

https://chatties.forumotion.co.uk

109What's the last film you watched? - Page 5 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:37 am

Jordan

Thomas wrote:Toy Story = IMO, children orientated crap.

Shut up you mess. It's the greatest animated film ever. http://www.thisisbig

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum