Please login or register now. Registration takes seconds before you can join in. Some features such as our chat box aren't viewable to guests.
Please login or register now. Registration takes seconds before you can join in. Some features such as our chat box aren't viewable to guests.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forgotten film scores.

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Forgotten film scores.   Empty Forgotten film scores. Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:40 am

Setanta

We all know the classics, but are there some film scores that you believe deserve more recognition, even if they've been in crap movies?

2Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:42 am

Setanta

I love Goldsmith for so many classic soundtracks but this one seems to not be mentioned seeing as it's involved in a piece of silly - yet enjoyable- trash, but the man elevated the whole film with this score. Just great stuff.

3Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:05 am

Setanta

Well, I love the film so the entire soundtrack is great to me.

4Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:08 am

Setanta

These soundtracks never got enough notice.

5Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:05 pm

Setanta

Another film I love and this musical scene is terrific.

6Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:12 pm

Thomas

Thomas
Administrator
Administrator

Watched I Accuse last night.

Old film, but rather enjoyable.

About a lady who attends A&E after an argument with her boyfriend. She sees a doctor who gives her a sedative and then rapes her, but she gets these flashbacks and can remember the rape.

No one believes her against the denial of this well trusted doctor.

She sets out for justice.

Good film.

https://chatties.forumotion.co.uk

7Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:31 pm

Setanta

Before Horner became boring and samey he composed this beautiful score. I'm sure if you've ever heard his stuff since you'll find passages familiar but yeah, he was great when he first started.

8Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:40 pm

Setanta

Just going for the hidden gems here. Could have gone for Star Trek 1 or 2 but yeah, this one is great too.

9Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:43 pm

Setanta

Just a great score and perfect for the flick.

10Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Setanta

Just skip to about 1.45. Great music.

11Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:50 pm

Setanta

One of my fav composers ever, and this is one of his lesser scores, in that not a lot of people think about it when they consider his work. It's great too.

12Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:52 pm

Setanta

Great film, great soundtrack. I love it but then I love folk music.

13Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:54 pm

Setanta

Sheridan always knows when a great music moment is needed and he talks to his songwriters, and this is what comes from his endeavours. Magic. This was the opening shot of the flick, with the bomb about to blast.... great stuff.

14Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:55 pm

Setanta

It has that impending doom feel and yet it also feels inevitable. Brilliance.

15Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:00 pm

Setanta

Can't help it. Another great tune from that flick. Plus I love Sinead.

16Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:04 pm

Setanta

I have to mention her again because she's Irish and she sings in her own voice, for better or worse. No tricks with her... just passion and beauty. Plus it's Michael Collins which i think is a very underrated film.

17Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:07 pm

Setanta

Speaking of underrated soundtracks this is as good as it gets. Burwell usually composes stuff for the Coen Bros. but I actually think this is his best piece. It sounds like he felt free to do his own thing and the results are fantastic.

18Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:26 pm

Setanta

Everybody loves The Matrix and if I was talking about the first I would say it's a classic but the other two are shite. I'm not getting into to it lol.

This film is better than the Matrix. It's whole, you know? Perfect little film and the soundtrack is perfect.

19Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Sat May 21, 2011 9:10 am

Setanta

I don't think any of his scores for these three pics were nominated for an Oscar. Beautiful and exciting movie scores.

20Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Sat May 21, 2011 9:17 am

Setanta

Of course it borrows from the old Hammer horror scores, but I don't give a crap when I see what the composer did with this genre in his new soundscape for the Dracula myth. It's pitch perfect.

21Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Sat May 21, 2011 11:56 am

Setanta

I meant this piece for here. It's beautiful, it's Horner as a young composer before he resorted to norm. And do you hear Lord of the Rings in it? I did for a sec there.

22Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Sat May 21, 2011 12:00 pm

Setanta

Coolest main title ever? Of course it is.

23Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Sat May 21, 2011 12:04 pm

Setanta

Same score, and just as good. They don't make scores like this anymore. Perfection.

24Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:50 am

Setanta

Great piece of music by a genius

25Forgotten film scores.   Empty Re: Forgotten film scores. Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:55 am

Setanta

I'm mentioning this one because of the success of the latest Batman franchise. I still think this is a great theme.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum