Please login or register now. Registration takes seconds before you can join in. Some features such as our chat box aren't viewable to guests.
Please login or register now. Registration takes seconds before you can join in. Some features such as our chat box aren't viewable to guests.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game of Thrones

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Game of Thrones Empty Game of Thrones Tue May 10, 2011 9:24 am

Setanta

Anyone been watching it? I enjoyed the first four episodes so much that I'm tempted to buy the scource novel(s) that the series is based on.

2Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones Tue May 10, 2011 10:11 am

Setanta

[youtube]<iframe width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/s7L2PVdrb_8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/youtube]
Once I watched the opening title credits I kinda knew I'd like the show. It's quite similar to a soundtrack from Fable or something like that.

3Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones Tue May 17, 2011 10:10 am

Setanta

Right, I'm well and truly hooked on this show, just wish I had left it for a few months so I could watch a load of them back to back. Hate the wait for a new episode.

4Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones Wed May 18, 2011 1:18 am

Thomas

Thomas
Administrator
Administrator

Never seen it.

What is it about?

Sounds rather boring.

https://chatties.forumotion.co.uk

5Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones Wed May 18, 2011 11:12 am

Setanta

It's a slow burner but the intrigue is developing throughout each episode. The sh$t is starting to hit the fan. Great show.

6Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones Wed May 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Setanta

Probably being a little premature when stating this, especially since it's a fantasy series, but yeah, if it doesn't win a load of Golden Globes and Emmy's I'll be very surprised.

7Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:50 pm

Setanta

Right, after that brilliant penultimate show I think I'll have to buy all the books cuz there's no way I'll be able to wait for the second series to satiate my craving for this story. Feck withdrawal symptoms: I'm buying the lot of them.

8Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:11 am

Setanta

Half way through A Game of Thrones and the HBO series really did do justice to the source material. Very impressive writing too.... a real page turner.

9Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:21 am

Setanta

What a great series, and the most satisfying aspect of both the book and show is that the dialogue is so well crafted and intelligent. Alright, you still get the odd geeky/sci-fi/sword and sorcery moment, but for the most part it's just very fresh, realistic and witty, and if ever there was a cliffhanger to make me want to digest every single book from the source material this is it! I'll have them all read by the time the next season comes out.

10Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:55 am

Setanta

The only issue I have with the series after reading half of the first book is probably very stupid, but it has to do with the appearance of Eddard Stark's children. In the book Jon Snow and Arya resemble him while the others look more like their mother. I don't think you get that from the show. But that's a small criticism really, especially since they're all fantastic in their roles.

11Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:39 am

Setanta

How good is that?

12Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:07 am

Setanta

Into the fourth novel of the series, and honestly, it's getting better and better. I think it's down to the sense of frustration and anxiety that I feel while reading, coupled with those fleeting moments of elation: the author is constantly teasing you to turn the next page,forcing you to read on because you have literally no idea where each individuals story will lead to since the whole landscape involved is awash with strife, skullduggery and deceit. Just a fantastic read, and I'm delighted that the author is introducing more magical elements as the novels progress. Have no bloody idea how they'll film it though!

13Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:03 pm

Setanta

Ok, I've read all the books leading to A Feast for Crows - and they just get better and better by the way - but I've seen how badly this book has been reviewed, seeing as it deals with characters that really don't have anything to do with the main arch of the series, so I'm caught in a crossroads. I don't want to read non-important crap, particularly since I've read thousands of pages of the best that fantasy can offer, and I believe now that I should go straight to his latest book seeing as he deals with absolutely nothing in the intervening novel. He actually said himself that he wanted to skip 5 years of the narrative and get down to the nitty gritty but the issue was about filling in the blanks. Anyway, whatever I do I have to say that this series is absolutely fantastic.

14Game of Thrones Empty Re: Game of Thrones Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:34 am

Setanta

Read A Feast for Crows and my misgivings were unqualified really. Ok, it lacks the immediacy of the two prior novels, but there's still more than enough to keep one entertained even if it's lacking some of the main characters, but sure it's just getting you prepared for A Dance with Dragons which hopefully ties it all back together again. My only reservation - which actually relates to the entire series - is it's depiction of sex; it's far too graphic and, although I can see that the author was trying to lend weight to his image of a harsh and primitive land, I still feel he could have toned it down somewhat seeing as the rest of his prose style is polished. Aside from that single reservation I'm still enjoying it tremendously, and it's great to see some familiar faces back on the pages of the newest novel.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]