Please login or register now. Registration takes seconds before you can join in. Some features such as our chat box aren't viewable to guests.
Please login or register now. Registration takes seconds before you can join in. Some features such as our chat box aren't viewable to guests.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Suicide

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Suicide Empty Suicide Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:32 am

Setanta

Didn't realise how prevalent it is in our modern culture until it came crashing home today after I found out that somebody I worked with for years hanged himself over the weekend. Shocking stuff.
Anyone else had an experience like this before? I mean, I've seen people drink themselves to an early grave and stuff like that, but for a young man to take his life in such a violent manner. Heartbreaking stuff.

2Suicide Empty Re: Suicide Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:17 am

Stacey.

Stacey.

It's really horrid D:

3Suicide Empty Re: Suicide Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:18 am

Setanta

His funeral is coming up shortly. Going to be rough stuff, but then again it'll be good to see all the old heads from the job.

4Suicide Empty Re: Suicide Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:39 am

Setanta

Just back from the funeral - yes, I'm Irish so the funeral didn't necessarily end at the church and graveyard - and I have to say it puts things into perspective. All in all a very sad day though... tragic really.

5Suicide Empty Re: Suicide Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:56 am

Thomas

Thomas
Administrator
Administrator

To be honest, it doesn't surprise me one bit.

Life is so cruel at times.

Heartbreaking.

https://chatties.forumotion.co.uk

6Suicide Empty Re: Suicide Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:22 am

Setanta

I'm burnt to a fecking crisp. Went out with some of the lads from the funeral for another session and a fair few beer gardens were graced by our presence! Scorching day. Left before it got messy - well, even more messy.

7Suicide Empty Re: Suicide Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:55 am

Stacey.

Stacey.

Omgz. Did it like go okay and everything? D':

8Suicide Empty Re: Suicide Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:39 am

Setanta

Well, it certainly wasn't a walk in the park, but it was nice to see the old guard from the pub I used to work in all get together, have a few pints and talk about the old days. Jaysus, when I think of what we got up to! Mad how funerals and weddings bring people together like that, people you haven't seen in ages.

9Suicide Empty Re: Suicide Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:17 am

Stacey.

Stacey.

Oh yeah, good then http://images.digita

They should really have like a massive family party thing when they're alive though cus then they'd actually be there to see it Crying or Very sad

10Suicide Empty Re: Suicide Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:11 am

Setanta

Unfortunately that is probably the last thing people that far gone would willingly be involved in. It's just horrible to think of how he may have suffered and was incapable of sharing his troubles with anybody. Very sad.

11Suicide Empty Re: Suicide Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:17 am

Setanta

And God, I'm so glad the weekend is over. It was a bank holiday over here and we've all basically been on a bender for the last 3 days. I mean, it was fun and all but I'm not up to it anymore.

12Suicide Empty Re: Suicide Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:29 am

Setanta

And, more unfortunate is the fact that I came online totally blathered after each days drinking session.... and you know me after I've had a few - haven't got a fecking clue what I'm typing! Very bad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum