Please login or register now. Registration takes seconds before you can join in. Some features such as our chat box aren't viewable to guests.
Please login or register now. Registration takes seconds before you can join in. Some features such as our chat box aren't viewable to guests.
Similar topics

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the last film you watched?

+9
Missy_X
jdqueen
Lee
Sawyer
Stacey
MTVN
Niall.
Thomas
Setanta
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:09 am

Setanta

Solomon Kane. A run-of-mill tale of redemption set in 17th century England as Kane battles demons across the land in an attempt to save his soul from the devil which is elevated by steady direction and a great turn in the lead role by James Purefoy, who is the kinda actor you can't help but like and associate with.

I found out after watching the flick and really enjoying his performance that he was one name mentioned when Bond came up for grabs after Brosnan was fired and I can't help but wonder how much better the series would have been if they had chosen him. Now, I know Daniel Craig is loved by quite a few but I really think this guy could have been a great Bond. He can act, has the looks and the kinda star quality that you need to pull a part like that off, so yeah, I think we missed out on a terrific Bond.

What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 600full-james-purefoy

27What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:36 am

Thomas

Thomas
Administrator
Administrator

The Firm.

Good, but very shocking film.

Rather sicking to sit through, but I praise the film for stirring that emotion.

https://chatties.forumotion.co.uk

28What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:16 am

jdqueen

Burlesque. blue valentine. conviction. little fockers

29What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:39 pm

Setanta

G.I. Joe: The Rise of the Cobra

I suppose I shouldn't have expected much more from the director of The Mummy. This film is big, loud and insufferably dumb but lacking the one ingredient that made his previous outings watchable: the charm of the cast he had at his disposal. This is just mindless rubbish, the kind of film you watch when you have a belly full of beer and just want to veg, without having to remember anything about it afterwards. It's a telling indictment of the whole product when the only person on screen that you're remotely interested in is the mute, masked ninja. Rubbish, but there's a few hotties in it!

30What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Fri Jan 28, 2011 1:14 am

Thomas

Thomas
Administrator
Administrator

'Murder At 1600'

Watched it in the early hours of this morning and it's a very good film. Great actors, good plot and lots of twist and turns.

What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 220px-Murder_at_sixteen_hundred_ver2

31What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:14 pm

jdqueen

saw the dilemma last night

love vince vaughan

32What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:16 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

I watched Get Him to the Greek the other night. Well half of it as it was a lot of crap! http://images.digita

33What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:17 pm

jdqueen

i liked that lol

34What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:20 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

The only thing I liked about it wasit was a good excuse to ogle Russell brand for an gour or so! lol

35What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:21 pm

jdqueen

ooh u like him

36What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:36 pm

Lee

Lee
Administrator
Administrator

jdqueen wrote:ooh u like him

Oh yeah!! I love you

37What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:37 pm

Thomas

Thomas
Administrator
Administrator

12 Rounds.

Very action packed film from the director of Die Hard.

OK film.

38What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:45 am

jdqueen

Im gona go cinema 2moro dunno what to watch though

39What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:58 am

Setanta

Trying to think of the flicks that are out right now. Black Swan's great, so is the Social Network.

40What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:35 am

Thomas

Thomas
Administrator
Administrator

jdqueen wrote:Im gona go cinema 2moro dunno what to watch though

What kind of films do you like to watch?

Black Swan has good reviews. I've heard good things about it, but doesn't sound like my type of film at all.

41What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:26 am

jdqueen

black swan not my kinda film

quite fancy morning glory, how do you know, barneys visiion.

social network is good
saw alot films in the past couple of weels

42What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:32 pm

Thomas

Thomas
Administrator
Administrator

What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 D3cab381fbb5_34k02lzzzzzzz728

Dead Calm.

OK film.

I think I'll have to probably watch it again to appreciate it more as I was tired.

There's nothing technically wrong with it that I can see. Good acting, good plot.

I could just see different things happening before they happened, actually hoping that I was wrong. Especially with the scene involving the arrows and the dog. Also saw the medication and drink scene coming.

I think I was more bothered about the dog than the couple.

Billy Zane looks lush in Dead Calm, considering to what he looked like in Titanic, then again this film is 10 years younger than Titanic. Lovely body! Showing lots of flesh.

Few twists and turns. I don't really know why I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Very slow film and maybe that is the problem for me. Think I'll watch it again and see how I feel then.

Starring Nicole Kidman, Sam Neill, Billy Zane. A mass-murderer kidnaps and seduces a young woman after leaving her husband to die on the vessel whose crew he's just slaughtered.

43What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:36 am

Missy_X

I watched Black Swan and Devil yesterday.
Natalie Portman was truly brilliant in Black Swan, great film.
Devil was also good with a good finish.

44What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:04 am

Thomas

Thomas
Administrator
Administrator

Missy_X wrote:I watched Black Swan and Devil yesterday.
Natalie Portman was truly brilliant in Black Swan, great film.
Devil was also good with a good finish.

Devil looks good, but I'm not prepared to pay £10 for it.

Probably wait until the price goes down then buy it.

45What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:20 pm

jdqueen

TRied to watch dinner for shcmucks but was rubbish

46What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty CONTAINS SPOILERS - BLOOD DIAMOND Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:14 am

Thomas

Thomas
Administrator
Administrator

****contains spoilers********

Watched Blood Diamond this morning!

I was really impressed.

Great film. It really reflects how bad things are in Sierra Leon. Not a film for the faint hearted as it will get you rather emotional.

Shocking, but down to earth film. To think it actually happens makes me appreciate how lucky we are in this country. In Africa there are over 200,000 child soldiers today, and in the film a man's son gets taken by the rebel soldiers and they turn him into a child soldier. This is where these children are taught to kill, and when the boy's father finally finds his son, his son doesn't even recognize him.

The father is also taken and used to help find diamonds that finance the war that is happening. The diamonds that pay for the weapons these rebels are using. The title 'Blood Diamond' basically connects the blood on the ground from the wounded/dead and the diamond in the ground. They say the soil is red in Africa because of the blood that flows through it.

Whilst the father is searching for diamonds, with other people who have no option but to search or die, he comes across a massive diamond and instead of handing it over he smuggles the diamond out with him when he goes to the toilet in the surrounding scenery. When out of sight he buries the diamond in the ground, only to be caught, but before much else happens government forces attack from above and seizing the opportunity to escape he makes a run for it.

The father then gets caught by the forces where he is then sent to prison and sees the same man who caught him smuggling the diamond out of the camp. The same man who was also taken by the forces.

Cutting it short. Leonardo DeCaprio is out to find this diamond after hearing the news that it has been buried. Leonardo playing Danny Archer, a diamond smuggler. Leonardo gets the father out of prison and helps the man to find his son, in exchange for him leading Leonardo to the diamond. In the mix is also a journalist who is out to expose and stop the sale of illegal conflict diamonds making their way onto the market.

Very action packed, brutal, emotional and full of impact. Superbly made and great story. I can definitely see why it got 5 BAFTA nominations.

4 stars.

47What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:59 am

Thomas

Thomas
Administrator
Administrator

Just watched Blood Diamond again, but with my mum and she's crying.

Like she said 'back to reality'. Just puts everything in perspective.

48What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:44 pm

Thomas

Thomas
Administrator
Administrator

Frozen:

Director Adam Green (HATCHET, SPIRAL) takes the helm for this relentlessly tense tale of three snowboarders who must fight for their lives in the freezing cold after getting stranded on a ski lift. As the trio rides up the mountain in preparation for their final run of the day, the night lights suddenly go dark, and the lift chairs grind to a sudden halt. Realizing that the resort will be closed until the following weekend, the three friends decide to take their fate into their own hands, and find their way down to terra firma. Once they do, they realize that hypothermia isn't the only thing they have to fear. Shawn Ashmore, Kevin Zegers, and Emma Bell star in the film.

It's a slow start to the film, but give it time and it goes from strength to strength.

No tricks, no CGI, what you see is what you get. The wolves are real, the people are real, and they're actually up there. Great scenery and shots giving you the feel that you're actually up there with them.

For me, I was bothered about what happened to the three characters involved. If you don't care what happens to them then it's going to be rather boring.

I was wishing them to survive and thinking of ways that they could get out of this terrifying situation.

It's one of the very few movies where I've had to put my hands close to my face ready to shield my eyes. It has some very scary and through the bone, stomach turning moments. Things that would just naturally go right through anyone.

I thought the acting in the movie was very weak to start with, but as the film got going it showed the three actors' ability.

I would definitely recommend this movie. Slow start, but once it gets into it you won't be pressing pause or dazing around the room until the credits.

Lots of Special Features to watch which just shows the struggle the cast and crew went through to make this brilliant film. They were faced with a big challenge and, in my opinion, pulled it off very well.

49What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:05 am

Setanta

The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Although beautifully crafted and watchable because of it's attention to detail and rambling narrative, I still can't see myself watching it again due to it's inability to really engage me on an emotional level due in no small part to it's leading actor. Now don't get me wrong, in the right part Pitt can be very entertaining, but I've never felt that he's had the ability to carry a film off on his own. Give him parts in emsemble pieces like Snatch, True Romance or Burn After Reading and he seems more relaxed and playful, but there's a real stiffness to him when he's asked to "lead from the front". I've never seen him as that kinda actor and here he just fails to really add any kind of sparkle to proceedings. The thing is I'm sure he's a nice guy and he has the looks, but he doesn't have that something special for a film of this nature. He's no Paul Newman or even Tom Hanks for that matter.

50What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's the last film you watched? Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:19 am

Thomas

Thomas
Administrator
Administrator

Fear Island

What's the last film you watched? - Page 2 15003074m

A beautiful secluded Island.... Five good friends... And a killer out for revenge.

Five students visit a secluded island cabin for a wild weekend party. After a night of music and drinking the friends are shocked to find the caretaker murdered and the only boat off the island gone. Stranded, they become the prey of a killer bent on revenge for something left behind from a previous visit. Each one of them a suspect, the five must decipher a series of chilling clues to reveal the island's dark secret and eliminate their stalker... or face death one by one.

Good storyline with a very good twist at the end, but the film is unfortunately let down by poor acting.

Rent, not buy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum